GRAND HOTEL BERNARDIN
Phone: +386 5 695 1000
Portorož is one of the main tourist resorts in Slovenia and has frequent connections to nearby international airports and Ljubljana – capital of Slovenia.
Reaching Portorož from nearest airports
There are several international airports in the vicinity served by various airlines:
- Ljubljana Jože Pučnik Airport, located in Brnik near Ljubljana, is the country's main airport. Its distance from the capital being a little less than 26 kilometres, it can be reached within a 20-minute ride. Cheap flights to Slovenia are offered by the budget airline Easyjet, from London Stansted.
- Trieste Airport at Ronchi (TRS) (80 km away from the conference venue)
- Venice Marco Polo Airport (VCE) (190 km away from the conference venue)
- Venice Treviso Airport (TFS) (180 km away from the conference venue)
Shuttle transportations are available from all airports to Portorož, even directly to the desired hotel. These companies offers individual and shared transfers. The prices are reasonable, starting from around 20 € for shared shuttle. For booking and further details please click here (Shuttle 1, Shuttle 2, Shuttle 3).
Reaching Portorož from Ljubljana
There are direct train connections to/from Slovenia (Ljubljana):
- Germany (via Münich, via Frankfurt)
- Switzerland (via Zürich)
- Austria (via Salzburg, via Villach, via Graz, via Vienna)
- Croatia (via Zagreb and via Rijeka)
- Hungary (via Budapest)
- Czech Republic (via Prague)
- Italy (via Venice)
- Serbia (via Belgrade)
- Bosnia and Hezegovina (via Sarajevo)
More informations are available at the Slovenian Railway Station.
Reaching Portorož by car
When traveling to Portoroz by car through Ljubljana, the highway (E61) from Ljubljana towards the Adriatic Sea should be taken. Comming from Italy, the highway E70 should be taken.